1st Anniversary Gift Ideas
Traditional 1st Anniversary Theme for Gifts: Paper
The concept of paper has been linked to the first anniversary with two symbolic meanings:
First, paper is like a blank canvas, reflecting the unwritten future of the couple. The pair will work together to create their own story over the course of their marriage.
Second, paper is readily torn, reminding the couple that after only one year of marriage, they must retain their trust and faith in each other during the challenges and strains they will encounter ahead.
Traditional Anniversary Gift Suggestions
- Jigsaw Puzzle
- Magazine Subscription
- Map of a Route to Travel Somewhere Special Together
- Sheet of Music (Favorite Song)
- Tickets (Movies, Musical Show, Theatre, Sports Game etc.)
Modern 1st Anniversary Theme for Gifts: Clock
Representing the timelessness nature of love, a clock-based gift is now often given on the occasion of the first anniversary.
Gemstone: Golden Jewelry
Alternate Stone: Peridot or Pearl
Color: Yellow or Gold
Floral Theme: Pansy, Carnation, Orange Blossom, Gold or Yellow Rose
- Pansies symbolize thoughtfulness, relating to the consideration a couple must show for each other in a union.
- Carnations hold a meaning of passion and new love.
- Orange blossoms hold several meanings within a marital union: purity, truth and fruitfulness.
- Gold or Yellow Rose is a romantic alternative for this anniversary, in keeping with the color theme, and the symbol of eternal love that a rose represents.
Modern Anniversary Gift Suggestions
- Alarm Clock
- Egg Timer
- Antique Clock
- Gold Jewelry (Bracelet, Ring, Earrings, Necklace)
- Gold-Dipped Eternity Rose
- Kitchen Timer
- Outdoor Sundial
- Flower: Pansies, Orange Blossoms or Carnations (Plant, Perfume, Scented Candles, Bouquet of Flowers, Art Print)
- Peridot or Pearl Jewelry
- Wall Clock
- Wrist Watch
- Yellow Glazed Eternity Rose
4th Anniversary: Fruit or Flowers | 5th Anniversary: Wood | 6th Anniversary: Candy or Iron
7th Anniversary: Wool or Copper | 8th Anniversary: Pottery or Bronze | 9th Anniversary: Willow or Pottery
10th Anniversary: Tin or Aluminum | 11th Anniversary: Steel | 12th Anniversary: Silk or Linen
19th Anniversary: Jade | 20th Anniversary: China | 21st Anniversary: Fire
22nd Anniversary: Water | 23rd Anniversary: Air | 24th Anniversary: Stone
25th Anniversary: Silver | 26th Anniversary: Art | 27th Anniversary: Music
28th Anniversary: Linens | 29th Anniversary: Tools | 30th Anniversary: Pearls
31st Anniversary: Travel | 32nd Anniversary: Bronze | 33rd Anniversary: Iron
34th Anniversary: Food | 35th Anniversary: Coral | 36th Anniversary: Antiques
37th Anniversary: Books | 38th Anniversary: Luck | 39th Anniversary: Laughter
40th Anniversary: Ruby | 41st Anniversary: Office or Desk Decor | 42nd Anniversary: Clocks or Watches
43rd Anniversary: Entertainment | 44th Anniversary: Electronics | 45th Anniversary: Sapphire
46th Anniversary: Games | 47th Anniversary: Garden or Plants | 48th Anniversary: Home Improvement
49th Anniversary: Copper | 50th Anniversary: Gold | 51st Anniversary: Photos or Cameras
52nd Anniversary: Bath or Spa | 53rd Anniversary: Plastic | 54th Anniversary: Glass
55th Anniversary: Emerald | 56th Anniversary: Day | 57th Anniversary: Night
58th Anniversary: Faith and Hope | 59th Anniversary: Charity | 60th Anniversary: Diamond